Monday, September 07, 2009

Rumnizzle: Three Day Destination

Maximus Zolotukhin. You can see him below coolly staring up at what only the most hardened, hardcore Rumneytes call "The Beach." I guess he can call it that now since he sent it. Good job bro-dude. Luckily, I took some of the absolute worst video footage ever captured in the history of climbing on his send.

Lessons Learned (Watch out Tim Kemple):

1) No matter how expensive the camera, the quality of the footage is solely dependent on the incompetent dingleberry behind it: in this case, me.

2) If you want to be able to see the climber, do not point the camera directly into the sun. The sun; despite popular belief, is extremely erratic and can switch positions in the sky at any moment, similar to the movement of a ping-pong ball in the sky. Take note neophytes.

3) Beware of ascending trolls on nearby climbs; they can easily sneak their way into the frame. This happened and is no laughing matter.



Max climbs in sunglasses because he is rad. So very, very rad.

I spent my time this weekend working on Supernova. Made some progress and refined beta, but no send. This month! Neil also reached his high point on Steady Slobovitch, while Mike Pattycakes nearly sent Parallel. Oh boy, everyone is on the edge. If you asked Max, he would say all of this is completely irrelevant to the rest of the climbing world. He is absolutely correct, but climbing and laughing with the dingdongs that I call my friends is relevant to me, plus this is fun.

In other news, Jake List, the most obnoxious D-bag at Rumney (I can say that because I actually like him) is close on Boogie Man. But he is too fat right now and his Mom was in Playboy, so that's also a major contributing factor.

Jake made a new friend at Rumney by calling him an albino that would toast under the sun like a marshmellow over a fire. Looking forward to climbing with that crazy fella. Good work Jake.







Outside of climbing, with nearly perfect conditions I might add (the smell of another Rumney Fall is in the air), fun was had elsewhere. Charlie Manganiello and his family are probably the coolest and most accommodating people on this side of the planet. Max, Mike, and I all crashed at their place right down the road in Bristol, sleeping in our trucks, hanging out by the lake, and partying (no pictures this time), but I did snap some others.



Wake up Maximus. Time to crush. Sataaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!





Breakfast and Natty-Ice. Yum.

Looking forward to next weekend. Must destroyyyy.

No comments:

Post a Comment