Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Surgery: Inguinal Hernia

Yesterday, I was put under for the third time in my life. At 23, three surgeries already seems like a bit much, but they are just so much fun, so I figure why hold back? Basically, some of my intestines were coming through a hole in the stomach lining, causing me lots of pain. I've had the issue for a while, but only recently was it starting to be bothersome. Anyway, its all patched up now.

I have about 3-4 weeks of recovery time before I can start climbing again. All things considered, its not the worst timing. Come Spring, Rumney will be beautiful and I'll be re-psyched and fit? That's the plan. Plus, I used all of yesterday and today to update Dark Horse media. I put up a bunch of dope photos, thanks to Pat Bagley's eye, and edited a short highlight reel of the last DH comp, courtesy of Keith Share's camera skills. UC mag is giving us a page for a write-up with photos, RockandIce is including us in their email blast, and Climbing will have a blurb on their online news section.

So all of this downtime may not be so bad after all. I can catch up on a few other things, and come back refreshed. On the downside, I will miss the Boston Rock Gym's Heart of Steel, which is certainly going to be crazier than last year. Props to them for providing something new and creative. Watching from the side-lines is going to be less than what I wanted, but at least I can add to the yelling.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:02 AM

    Not bad except for the "Blitzed out of my mind" line. Focused atheltes usually don't have blitzed in their resume. Hope the sponsers appreciate the humor.

    ReplyDelete