Monday, March 08, 2010

Power Struggle: Prime Climb















Just when you think the comp season is over for bouldering, another event emerges from the hidden, darkened corners of places you wouldn't guess had climbing. Last weekend, it happened to be at Prime Climb down in Connecticut--a smoothly run comp with a three problem Finals Round. Competing on plastic is one of my favorite forms of climbing, which I guess deems me a dirty gym rat, but what makes it meaningful and interesting is when your up against good friends (read: Arch Enemies). As always, Vasya Vorotnikov, was there to fight (climb) with. We went head to head in
Finals after finishing up very close in qualifiers.





























I love those nasty little Dragons on the steep problems--you can dig in very hard on almost anything.

Anyway, he crushed all three Finals for the win, an outcome you could say I've gotten used to over the years, while I placed a close Second behind him, finishing up Problem #1, and falling two holds from the top on #2 and #3. Nice work broseph.






























Thanks for the pics and support Dad!

Despite the numbers and ranks, I'm feeling the healthiest I've ever been (knock on wood) and look forward to the coming weeks--first stop of the UBC Pro Tour at Earth Treks in Timonium--right after a quick five days in the Red--and a slew of boulders before then. Hoping that Neil Mushaweh, my fellow rock sniper, and I can take them down. Speed of Life this Friday! Fingers crossed on the constantly changing weather cycles we have out here in New England. Looking perfect right now though...

2 comments:

  1. friday is rumney broseph.....sat is SOL....wed night is pway

    just thought I would clarify

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:58 PM

    On to Earth Treks!

    ReplyDelete